Anyone who ever dreamed of a pro cross-country racing career has dreamed of the Spark RC 900 Pro. The 1x-specific Spark RC frame design and lightweight, hyper-efficient TwinLoc Suspension System are made for pure, on-course performance. The Pro build includes a Shimano XTR 12-speed drivetrain and XTR brakes, and is made to go the distance with premium Syncros components completing this race-worthy package in style.
- With the proper selection of materials, eighty percent of the work to create a frame is done. But the remaining twenty percent requires most of our efforts. For this reason, our choice of the most advanced carbon fibers in the market is followed by intensive use of specific tools, like FEA (finite element analysis) software, to map out the carbon lay-up.
- With FEA software, we can simulate different forces on a virtual model of the frame and adjust the frame construction accordingly. FEA software enables us to create complete virtual prototypes incorporating all the physical phenomena that exist in real-world environments.
- With our Evo-Lap technology we model the frame to optimize the surface area, simulate tube structures with different ply orientations, observe the results of using different configurations, and test the stress distribution in different areas of the frame. Thanks to this extensive computer modeling, we’ve optimized the carbon layers in all the parts of our frame. When the parts were bonded together in the first prototypes, the result was a super light and compact frame without a sacrifice in the stiffness, comfort or impact resistance. The entire range benefited from our EvoLap technology.
ICCR Cable Routing
- On the Scale, Spark, Genius and Ransom, to provide a clean look and a functional solution for all the different control cable standards on the market, cable routing is fully internal and designed for full-length cable housing. Routing the cables internally omits bulky external hardware and looks cleaner. The cables can endure a longer lifetime as they are protected within the frame. The entry points are machined alloy removable inserts that come along with the frame and can be chosen according to the setup of the bike. Assembling an electronic group or a dropper post will not be a problem and the look will always be clean-cut.
- On the Scale, Spark, Genius, Ransom and Gambler we’ve redesigned all the parts that can give us significant benefits in terms of performance and functionality. On the previous model the support of the dropout was a bulky additional part molded to the carbon chain stay. The new dropouts are designed to be integrated on the thru-axle system thanks to a hollow tubular design that allows a simple and light weight structure. Available for SRAM and Shimano DM derailleurs, this dropout increases the stiffness and avoids damage to the frame in case of impacts on the rear derailleur.
- The Spark down tube shock and linkage are clearly asymmetric, when looking from the top of the bike. Carbon fibers achieve their full potential when used in smooth straight lines. Off-setting the shock slightly to the left hand side of the bike gives a clean and continuous structure from the down tube through the shock mount to the main pivot.
- Spark RC Carbon HMF Frame
- RockShox SID Select+RL3 100mm Fork
- FOX Nude EVOL, 100mm, TwinLoc
- Shimano XTR 12 Speed
- Shimano XTR Disc Brakes
- Syncros Silverton 1.5 TR Wheels
- Maxxis Rekon Race Kevlar Tires
- Syncros Carbon Parts
|Frame||Spark RC Carbon / IMP technology / HMF, 1x optimized / BB92 /Carbon swingarm, SW dropouts for Boost 12x148mm, TBC Trunnion Box Construction|
|Fork||RockShox SID Select+ RL3 Air, custom Charger 3-Modes Damper, 15 x 110mm Maxle Stealth / Tapered steerer / Lockout / Reb. Adj., 100mm travel|
|Headset||Syncros Pro Drop in / Tapered 1.5"-1 1/8", Bearing diameter size 42mm and 52mm|
|Rear Shock||FOX NUDE EVOL Trunnion, SCOTT custom w. travel / geo adj., 3 modes: Lockout-Traction Control-Descend, DPS / Reb. Adj./ Travel 100-70-Lockout / 165 x 40mm|
Front: 15 x 110mm axle
Rear: 12 x 148mm Boost axle
|Rims/Wheels||Syncros Silverton 1.5 CL, F: 15x110mm, R: 12x148mm Boost, 25mm Tubeless ready rim 28H / MS Driver, Syncros Axle w/Removable Lever with Tool|
|Tires||Maxxis Rekon Race / 2.35" / 120TPI Kevlar Bead, Tubeless Ready / EXO|
|Crankset||Race Face Next SL 5G Carbon crankarm|
|Bottom Bracket||Race Face BB92-Ø30mm Double Row, shell 41 x 92mm|
|Chain||Shimano XT CN-M8100|
|Front Derailleur||SCOTT custom|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano XTR RD-M9100 SGS, Shadow Plus / 12-Speed|
|Cassette/Rear Cogs||Shimano XT CS-M8100-12 / 10-51 T|
|Shifters||Shimano XTR SL-M9100-I / Rapidfire Plus, Ispec EV clamp|
|Handlebars||Syncros Fraser 1.0 Carbon, T shape flat / 9° / 740mm, Syncros Pro lock-on grips|
|Stem||Syncros XR1.5 -8°, Integrated Spacer & Top Cap, 2014 Alloy / 31.8mm / 1 1/8"|
|Brakes||Shimano XTR M9100 Disc, 180/F and 160/R SM-MT800 rotor|
|Saddle||Syncros Belcarra Regular 1.5, Titanium rails|
|Seat Post||Syncros Duncan 1.0 Carbon, 10mm offset / 31.6 x 400mm|
|Accessories & Extras||Transport Axle|
* Subject to change without notice.
|Silver/Black/Yellow / Small||192820159218||274618006|
|Silver/Black/Yellow / Medium||192820159225||274618007||45050|
|Silver/Black/Yellow / Large||192820159232||274618008|
|Silver/Black/Yellow / X-Large||192820159249||274618009|